This is a dream come true for me and anyone else who can identify having a raging sweet-tooth. This one-serving low calorie dessert, I kid you not, will hit your sweet-craving spot.
This eggless mug cake was a dessert born from a two-minute time gap. I wanted something sweet, and I wanted it fast. And so, I just went with my intuition and whipped up this small treat in 90 seconds.
So, I’m sure you want to know the recipe instead of me rambling on and on. But, here are a few things I want you to keep in mind before you get your ingredients ready to cook-
- I’m not a talented, professional chef or baker. And not even close to being an awesome cook in the kitchen. I roughly made the estimates in my head and went with the flow.
- This mug cake is soft and porous, NOT dense. It is very light and quite small in size, so think of that before you decide want a dessert binge.
- It is vegan, gluten-free, low fat, keto-friendly and low-carb for a dessert. (Check the nutrition in the recipe below)
- Instead of sugar, I have used an artificial sweetener called Erithrytol. The great thing about using this instead of sugar or dates, is the fact that it has 0 calories, net carbs and fat. Read more about it here. Also, I’m not on ketogenic/paleo diet, I’ve just swapped sugar for something better.
- The ingredients can be a little pricey for someone who doesn’t really focus much on healthy ingredient alternatives. I recently got onto this bandwagon, and I’m quite enjoying myself.
And now, onto this low-calorie microwave mug cake recipe.
And if I may say so, I’m quite proud of myself for creating this recipe using a fancy-schmancy recipe template and all that. 😀
NOTE: None of the product links enclosed below are affiliate or sponsored.
WHAT INGREDIENTS I USED:
- Almond milk
- Coconut flour
- Baking powder
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Erithrytol (Check this ingredient’s calories here)
If you decide to try it out, do let me know how it turned out! 🙂 Thank you for reading, and I’ll see you soon.